Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The weather man and the weather still haven't lined up. I ran about 7 bales through the baler yesterday afternoon and it was so dry that the bales are dust. I quit baling and started baling again around 9:30PM once the humidity came up enough to bale. I could see lightning off to the west around midnight and finally at 2AM it started to rain. Just enough to wet the hay and stop me from finishing, but not enough to do anything any good. I'm about to run out and finish the baling before the humidity drops again. Oh yeah, I did find out that the new lights I put on the tractor this spring are enough to blow the fuse in the tractor. The fuse and holder were so hot I couldn't even hold them in my hand. I ended up running with my road lights on most of the time unless I was looking for rows. Luckily there was a moon for most of the night or it would have been even harder to avoid coming up on an unseen bale in the field. I'd better get running on the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment