Wednesday, May 5, 2010

High Tunnel

We received our high tunnel yesterday.  They delivered mine and a couple of others for farms in the county here yesterday so I delivered the others to two other farms yesterday as well.  The pallets that the high tunnels came on where way too small for the load but I managed to get them off of the semi, on to my trailer, and out to the farms with only one box opening up.  And the box that opened was mine, so it wasn't too bad.  I did have the bobcat/skidloader breakdown while I was in the process of unloading one of the high tunnels - Conked out just as I was trying to pull a pallet off of the trailer out at Dennis' farm.  I thought I would have to crawl out of a window on the skidloader because the arms were blocking the door but was able to get it running enough to get out.  After a run to the parts store for a new filter I was back "off schedule" as Dennis said and wrapped up the deliveries.  I don't think we'll get started building our high tunnel until later in the summer because of the time constraints but this will be a great learning opportunity and will share our progress with everyone through our blog and website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment