Monday, May 17, 2010

Like a starter pistol going off, this week is really going to be a busy farm week. The weather is dry and the fields are just about dry enough to get back into them. I have hay to make and summer grazing to plant. I'll disk where I'm planting the cover crop/summer grazing on the back 9ac this morning and if I have time I'll cut my alfalfa hay but it probably won't get cut until tomorrow. One of the cover crop/summer grazing areas is also one of the alfalfa fields to be cut so I'll have to wait to plant that until the hay is baled. When I moved the cows this morning it is hard to imagine that some of the cows can get any bigger or their udder's get any fuller. They look like they could calve any minute but nothing yet. I think we'll try to move the calving forward a little for next year if we can now that we've got the cows calving at random times.

No comments:

Post a Comment