Thursday, May 20, 2010

Everyday is a great day to farm but yesterday was an absolutely beautiful day to farm. Cool, sunny and a nice breeze. I finished cutting hay by noon, had lunch, then dropped the hay mower and hooked up the packer-mulcher. The packer-mulcher is made up of 3 tillage tools. It has a clod buster on the front, spring tooth in the middle, and cultipacker in the back. After disking the back 9ac I ran the packer-mulcher over the field to smooth it and get it ready for drilling seed. It looked really nice when I was done but I also noticed at the end that I had a front tire going down just as I was wrapping up. Something is down in the field that slashed the tire, so I ran the tractor up to the yard and spent the late afternoon running to town to get a new tire mounted. Today I'll try planting with my brother's drill. Something new to learn. Hopefully it's not an expensive lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment