Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Yesterday was around 95 degrees.  We tried to work around the farm but everything was in slow motion.  I dropped off my hay rake over at the hay field by East Lake.  I cut that ground on Monday.  The cutting was tricky over there.  The hills and cutbacks made keeping the mower even with the ground pretty tough.  I'm used to running on some fairly flat fields so this was very different.  There are lots of very large trees with hanging branches and even some wet bottom ground.  If I had been graded on evenness of cut I think I would have gotten a D.  A much smaller tractor would have been a plus on this hay field.  When I dropped off the rake I took the tractor down the road to clean up a small field that the owner of the hay field owned.  We had said that we would mow it to keep the thistles and other weeds down, anyway, as I said it was 95 degrees, and wouldn't you know, the air conditioner in the tractor quit.  I'm not sure what the issue is but I'll have to look at that today when I'm over raking and baling.  My JD tractor isn't made to run with the windows open which means that not having air conditioning is not an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment