Friday, June 10, 2011

I wrapped up the hay over at East Lake and a new mental milestone in my life was hit.  The trailer that I haul my tractor and large loads of round bales on is in the shop.  That forced me to load the round bales onto a shorter trailer and to drive the tractor back rather than hauling it back.  As I drove the tractor back I watched my oldest son drive off hauling hay back to the farm.  It hit me that my son is now old enough to drive a load of round bales down highway without me, and hence I'm old enough to have a son that is old enough to drive a load of round bales down highway without me.  The weather has shifted back to a wet pattern so I'll have to wait on cutting more hay, but just about everything is ready to go as soon as we get a dry spell.

No comments:

Post a Comment