Monday, June 6, 2011

Family inspects plantings
We planted all of the produce for this year and this years produce is to be sold through the Little Sioux Growers Co-op.  My two main produce crops are zucchini and cucumbers.  The zucchini and cucumber plants had been started a few weeks ago, and every year I tell myself that I should only start them about a week or at most two before planting, but every year I get ahead of myself and I end up with very large plants that don't take well to transplanting anyway.  Tomatoes are a different story.  I started them quite a while ago and they have taken off but they can be planted with 1/3 of the plant above the ground and 2/3 under and do well.  We picked up some additional grass hay ground.  I'll be trying to get my tractor hauled to where the hay is to be cut - East of East Lake this morning and try to get it cut.  Since it's a new location, and its in a wooded and rolling area I'm a little apprehensive about running through there for the first time.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment