Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The pace is picking up and I'm falling behind.  I have some frost planting I'd like to do in the pasture, the vegetable seeds need to be germinated and I wanted to take some straw to the sale barn this weekend since it's calving season and I thought I could get a good price for it.  But when I tried to move the hay rack after taking it to town to weigh it I noticed the hitch tongue had a problem.  Pulling on part of the hitch tongue I was able to break it by hand.  Good thing I didn't take it to town loaded with straw!  I hooked up the rack and took it to my brother's.  Well almost.  On my way the hairpin clip must have popped out of the hitch pin and the hay rack unhooked itself as I was going down the road.  I noticed a flash of movement in the mirror and then watched the hay rack head off into the ditch and get hung up in a fence.  Luckily it went South.  If it had gone north it would have gone down into a school yard!  Miles of open farm land and it comes undone in Lake Park.  It wasn't a big deal to pull it out and hook back up, but it is just another setback in my schedule.  I keep trying to tell myself that we're not in control.  Today it's pulling the water pump off of my truck that leaked on the way home yesterday evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment