Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'm officially sold out of hay.  I did really well on the hay that I took to the sale barn this year, but then I only sold hay that was my best.  The best round and square bales of alfalfa were kept in the hoop building which were kept nice and fresh, and when they were put next to other hay at the sale barn looked really nice.  I sold my very best hay to some direct hay customers, and I now know that I sold well below the market, but that is the way it goes I guess.  I'm really optimistic about this coming years crop of hay.  If I can get good hay making weather I hope to be able to make a great product.  But as I'm not in control of the future, the weather, or the market... Okay, since I'm not really in control of anything I guess I'm just excited to see what He give us.

No comments:

Post a Comment