Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Goat Kids -- For Sale

Sara's Toggenburg goats had kids over the weekend.  One goat had twin females and the other had triplet bucks.  They all look very healthy and were jumping around after the first day.  Sara is bottle feeding the kids so she first has to milk the mama goats and then feed the kids with the milk that she just stripped.  It takes a long time, but Sara has always like to work with her animals regardless of how long it seems to take.  She really has a passion for her animals.  You can see a few pictures of the goats on our website here.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog off of AgTalk (Stock Talk section)...your family farms looks/sounds amazing. We are a multi generation family farm (dating back to 1940's)in rural North Florida and we are passionate about AG! Check out my blog for all of our farm happenings. We are primarily row crops (pnuts, corn, cotton, beans, milo) but I have taken on animals for myself and the kids to have fun with. I loved your take on Food Inc. We are conventional farmers and often become quite frustrated with the extreme "foodies" who can't seem to understand the middle ground. I wasn't going to watch it, but maybe now I will! Take care, and visit my blog: thefarmertakesawife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete