Friday, July 23, 2010

We sure can't complain about the lack of rain this year, unless you are a hay farmer.  Then you can ask when it's going to be dry enough to cut, rake and bale.  We've had more than our share of bad weather too.  Last week we had 96mph winds.  This week we had several inches of rain in a few hours.  Next week the weather according to NOAA says dry.  But they change the forecast every other day, so that hasn't been much of a help either.  My brother's cow had a heifer calf.  She looks great and appears to be doing great too.  I don't understand though why my cows are so spread out on calving.  We have 4 calves out of 10 and it's almost August.  It wouldn't be so bad if I had wanted them spread out over the year, but I'd much rather have them all dropped at one time so that I can market them all at one time.  I don't want to have to hold them all open a year just to get in cycle.  That would be crazy.  I'm sure there is some way to get things back in line but you can't change time...

No comments:

Post a Comment