Thursday, July 8, 2010

Some Days Are Harder Than Others

What more could go wrong?  I have never damaged so much on the farm in such a short period of time than I did this past week.  It seemed like the more that went wrong, the more that kept going wrong.  I broke fence posts off, bent my tractor cab door, ran up over boulders, caught tomato cages in the bush-hog mower.  It seemed it would never end until I stopped doing farm work.  I even lost a steer from last year.  I had let the steers out into the pasture earlier in the week and I guess one got into some clover or some other legume because I found him down with what appeared to be bloat.  By the time I found him it was too late.  Hopefully those days are behind me for a while.  Today is chicken processing day!  We have about 70 to process today, and about the same tomorrow and Saturday.  If all goes well... we should move though them without issue and do what we really enjoy.  Seeing our customers and providing our customers with some fantastic tasting and healthy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment