Friday, July 2, 2010

The 10ac cover crop field finally went in.  George and I took turns planting it yesterday evening.  If it gets enough rain it should be ready to graze around the first part of September.  That should give me a little while to graze into the fall and give the wildlife something to graze as well.  We'll probably try to bale my brother's hay today.  I went over yesterday and raked it into windrows after checking to see if it was dry.  It has so much clover in it that the clover stems were still really green.  I'm hoping that a day of dry weather and a nice stiff breeze took the moisture out of it but only time will tell.  George will run the cultipacker over the 10ac field while I run the hay rack and baler over to my brothers.  Then if we're lucky will be able to bale this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment