Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lost Hay

Yesterday we spent some time wiring my brother's tractor to run my round baler. We ran the power to the wrong side of the tractor and found that we weren't getting enough voltage, so we re-ran the wires and finally got enough power to run the computer monitor for the baler. Then we got out to his "hay". He has about 11 acres of alfalfa and he had cut his hay just before the rain started which was about 2 weeks before I cut over on my place. It rained so much that his hay eventually was no good to even bale. It wouldn't dry down and it eventually molded. He also had an enormous amount of corn stover. So we baled the "hay" to get it off of the field and let the alfalfa grow again. We spent some time testing the baler's functions at the same time since the bales were not going for sale or feed. Now Tim and my son George are experts on running the baler. I also know what I need to talk to the John Deere dealer about in regard to my baler.

No comments:

Post a Comment