Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Chickens are Coming Along

It's Sharon today--who knew I would fuss so much over a bunch of chickens? Our broilers are in the brooder area in the barn. They are 2 weeks old now and are about ready to go out to the pasture. Chris and George have started building their pasture pens so they should be moving in a couple days. We had one looking a little lazy last night so I moved him to the hospital pen and am feeding him raw milk in the hopes that he is just in need of a little boost of nutrition. I watched him this morning after I put the milk in front of him. He drank quite a bit of it and then stood right up. It was like Popeye eating spinach! I hope he continues to improve. We are having problems with the well this week too--keeps running dry. That is a serious problem with all these animals as summer gets started. Calling Milford Well Service this morning and hoping for a simple fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment