Friday, July 1, 2011

Sharon just left to pickup the last batch of broiler chicks from the post office.  The chickens have been pretty much sold-out since shortly after the first batch was processed.  We're all very busy.  The hay has been going everyday but in fits and starts.  The ground moisture is still very high which keeps the bottom of the hay windrows high in moisture, and the top of the windrows are dry.  It has been a little difficult keeping the hay moisture right where we want it so I bale for a few hours and then have to stop once the humidity jumps in the evening or drops during the day.  Last night I tried to bale but only got about an hour in before the moisture monitor was telling me that the moisture was coming up.  I hope to finish the first cutting of alfalfa today but I still have about 55 acres of oat hay down that will need to get baled as soon as it decides to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment