Monday, June 28, 2010

Looks like we'll finally have a dry week.  Too bad there's no hay to cut on the farm, but if I have time I'll cut hay over at my brother's place while he's out of town.  We had a calf either Saturday night or Sunday morning.  Another bull calf.  I ear tagged it this morning but wasn't able to get the band on him.  It snapped when I tried to open the band and by that the time I got another band out of my pocket he was struggling and his mama was trying to get through the single strand of high tensile between us and her.  After a couple seconds of struggling, and with Dan having high-tailed it to the truck for safety, I decided to let the calf go to mama before I found out how protective that cow could be.  I'll try again later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment