Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The heifer calves are going to the sale barn tomorrow.  I went over to Phil's to pick them up tonight.  It was dark by the time I got over to his place, so we had to sort the steers from the heifers with a flashlight as we brought them into the trailer.  I split the trailer and put the heifers in the front and the steers in the back.  One of the heifer calves is a kicker but luckily she was one of the first calves into the trailer.  The rest went without too much trouble.  The steers were loaded last and were let out into the pasture with the cows and the bull when I got them home.  The inside trailer door was opened up and the heifer calves were given the full trailer for the night.  Tomorrow morning Sara and I will take the heifers to Sheldon Livestock first thing in the morning and then we'll go to Rock Valley to pickup her milk goats.  Sara's goats were in Rock Valley to be bred and since Sheldon is on the way we'll make it all in one trip and kill 2 birds with one stone.  I spent today chisel plowing for a neighbor.  No problems with the field work.  Probably the last day of that for the year.  This was the last field to be done and he took over from me when I left to sort the calves.  It was enjoyable and I look forward to helping with harvest and field work next fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment