Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Field Work

I've been working for a neighbor for the past couple of days. I've been disking some of his fields. I've been using his tractor and disk. Pretty nice running a tractor made in the past decade. My tractor was made the same year I was born, so the technology changes are pretty dramatic not to mention the comfort. It is a lot different to be able to listen to a radio or talk on the cell phone without having to shut the tractor down or wear sound suppressors and an iPod to listen to music. Everything has been running pretty good. Today a wheel on one of the disk wings had a bearing come apart. I took the tractor back over the neighbors shop and popped the bearings and races out. If its put back together tonight I'll disk some more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment