Monday, January 25, 2010

Last week we sold some hay and everything went well.  No issues or problems which is good.  This week the weather is going back to normal - cold and blowing snow.  I wanted to leave first thing this morning to work on my truck before I haul my tractor down to O'Brien county for an overhaul.  But when I looked down the lane all I see is snow about 2 1/2' deep across the lane.  I'll have to get the tractor fired up and blow the snow out.  I have a twinge of doubt about taking the tractor in for an overhaul.  Once the tractor is in the shop I'll have to clear the lane with the skidloader, and that's not a good thought, but the tractor has to go in.  At the rate that I'm burning through the oil I'll need to buy oil every time I fill up with fuel. 

2 comments:

  1. Have you heard of Practical Farmers of Iowa?
    See www.practicalfarmers.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Mulberry Grove Family Farm is a member of PFI. Thanks

    ReplyDelete