Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tractor

My Oliver 1850 had a transmission problem about a month ago when I was trying to bale corn stalks.  It turns out that a fork in the transmission was broken and would have taken a lot of $$ in labor to get to the fork to repair the tractor.  Since I've started using the tractor a lot more than I used to and the tractor is as old as I am, this was leading to more age and stress related failure.  Of the tractor that is!  I did put some money into an overhaul over the winter, but the tractor broke twice when doing hay this year.  Tractor breakdown during haying is a big problem and it for sure cost me some hay.  As much as I liked the old Oliver for haying, I had to trade it in on a newer tractor.  It's also a different shade of green.  John Deere green.  I'm hoping for the best with this tractor...

No comments:

Post a Comment