Thursday, October 22, 2009

I moved the cows and the bull out to part of the outside of the pasture. There is still a lot of green grass under the standing blue stem. Normally I leave the outside of the pasture to blue stem, but I'd like to see how putting the cattle on in the fall causes the grasses to react. This will be the first time that I've tried this. Only part of the outside is being opened to them, about 1/4 of the outside, so the control will be the remainder. I noticed that the cow's utters are really full. I'm sure that it's uncomfortable to be that full, and they do seem agitated by the lack of their calves and I'm sure being full of milk. They haven't been making too much noise since we moved them from their calves, but then its been raining and blowing so much since we made the change that it would take a lot of noise to get above the roar of the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment